The Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis County Board of Tourism was established by the Jeff Davis County Commission in 1996. The purpose of the board is:
- To promote, attract, stimulate and develop travel and tourism in Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County;
- To develop and engage in tourism related programs designed to beneficial to Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County; and
- To work in cooperation with other state and local agencies toward the accomplishment of that purpose.
The Board of Tourism is an active member of the Magnolia Midlands Travel Association and the Golden Isles Parkway Association. The board is made up of members representing city and county government as well as tourism related businesses.
Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis County Board of Tourism Members:
Interim Executive Director - Jim Sewell
Keith Osburn, Chairman - Jeff Davis County
Debbie Harrison, Vice Chairman - City of Hazlehurst
Ann Bookhardt, Hotel/Motel
Sue Duckett, Retail Business
Patricia Wilkes, City of Hazlehurst
Mike Lynn, Leisure Services
Terry Stone, Joint Development Authority
Ray Wooten, Jeff Davis County Commission Chairman; Vickie Bateman, Chamber of Commerce President; Jack Cole, Mayor of City of Hazlehurst
Story Ideas & Media Services
Jeff Davis County has a wide variety of events and places to see and write about:
Media Services: The Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis Co Board of Tourism is always glad to assist members of the media by providing press kits, brochures, business directories, FAM tours, itinerary planning, information on accommodations and restaurants, golf outings, meeting and convention assistance, and other information.
For more information, contact Hazlehurst-Jeff Davis Tourism at Post Office Box 546, Hazlehurst, Georgia 31539. The telephone number is (912) 375-4543 or use this contact form.
- The allure of the "Three Rivers": the Altamaha, Ocmulgee, and Oconee
- Agritourism and ecotourism vacation
- The connection to Jefferson Davis, the President of the Confederacy
- The wildly popular "Peaches to the Beaches" annual yard sale
- Championship Barbecue Pitmasters from across the state compete in the Hazlehurst BBQ Fest
- Weekend getaways to escape the city and get back to nature in the country or Towns Bluff Park
- The unique Snipesville New Year's Day Parade and Celebration
- The success of small town entrepenuers like The Dumplin' Shoppe and Dad's Turkey Calls
- Ideal location along the Golden Isles Highway for a "highway break"