- Saturday, Nov 5 ( 9 am to noon): Decorating for the Holidays -- Barry Owens, decorator extraordinaire, will present the program in which we will learn to use outdoor materials for holiday decorating. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at Towns Bluff or from Wanda Marchant, Fonda Ussery, and Terry Stone. You can also pay at the door. Light refreshments will be served. Call 912-379-9303 for more information.
- Thursday, Nov 17 (6 pm): Lights Along the River and the Hall of Trees -- Entertainment by the Jeff Davis Elementary Chorus and light snacks will be served. The lights will continue through December and the Hall of Trees will be open daily in the Heritage Center. The center is closed on Tuesdays.
- This Thursday (10/6) HOMECOMING PARADE – Sponsored by the Dugout Club, Parade begins at 6 pm. Call 375-6760 for more info
- Saturday (10/8) Jeff Davis Hospital – Sponsors a Free Community Health Fair, from 7 am to 12 pm. The purpose of the health fair is to increase health awareness through education and prevention. Free blood pressure checks and lab tests for all participants (lab participants must fast from midnight the day prior to testing). For more info call 375-7781, ext 196 or ext 312
- The deadline for registering to vote in the November 8, 2011 Municipal Election is October 11, 2011. Beginning November 8th all eligible City of Hazlehurst voters will vote at the Jeff Davis County Courthouse on Election Day and for Early Voting. Early Voting will begin October 17, 2011 and run through November 4, 2011
- Haunted Forest – Sponsored by the Jeff Davis Dugout Club. Oct. 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th and 29th. Begins at 7:30 pm. Admission is $5.
- 2nd Annual Rivers Alive Cleanup – Towns Bluff Park, October 15th. Cleanup begins at 8 am. Breakfast will be served. For more info call 379-9303. Sponsored by Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources.
- 2nd Annual “Golfing with the Stars” – October 22nd @ 5 pm. Registration deadline is October 14th at 5 pm.
- Downtown Trick or Treat – Downtown Businesses sponsor Trick or Treat October 31st from 6 pm – 8 pm.
October 11, 2011 is the deadline for registering to vote in the November 8, 2011 Municipal Election. Beginning November 8th all eligible City of Hazlehurst voters will vote at the Jeff Davis County Courthouse on Election Day and for Early Voting. Early Voting will begin October 17, 2011 and run through November 17, 2011.